Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Husband, the Fix-It Man


So I always wanted one of those fancy schmanzy grind and brew coffeemakers, and my sweet husband gave me one for Christmas this year. And I love it! Until the other day when this little spring popped out of the basket, and I couldn't get it back in. The spring goes around a little pokey thing, and the pokey thing goes into a hole in the basket, and that's what lets the coffee drip into the coffeemaker. So I showed the problem to my hubby, and he immediately said, "Oh, it looks like you've lost an O-ring." An O-ring??? Isn't that what made the space shuttle explode?? And I have one of those in my coffee maker??? Wow! This IS a fancy schmanzy coffee maker! Anyway, he took the basket and the spring and the pokey thing out to the garage, came back, and voila! Everything is back together and working now! He is so-o-o-o smart, isn't he???

I would show you a picture of him with the basket and the O-ring, but that would be kind of boring, so instead I'll show you a mini scrapbook page I made yesterday. I'm participating in a "Bible Verse Challenge", and each month we challenge ourselves to make a scrapbook page featuring one well-loved Bible verse. This is mine for - uh-h-h, February - I know, I know, I'm already behind schedule!! But I hope you like this picture - the Bible verse I chose is "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age" - now isn't that a nice promise to hang onto? It's definitely one of my favorites! I love how this page turned out, and I can say that because the design isn't my own! I got it from a very talented stamper named Laura Fredrickson - she is awesome! So I hope you enjoy it, and have a lovely Sunday!
(And watch out for those O-rings!)

Love and blessings,

No comments: