Friday, April 18, 2008

The Little Flower That Tried Too Hard


Hi, Everyone! Happy Friday! I hope you're having a wonderful Friday and looking forward to a fun weekend. So far I have nothing planned for this weekend, and that's the best in my book! A two-day blank slate - woo-hoo! I wonder what I'll do . . . ! Remember how fun it was to get out of school on Friday afternoon, and know that you had all day Saturday and Sunday to play? What a terrific feeling!

Last night I decided to make another flower card, but I wanted to "dress" this one up a little bit. First I made the basic card - too plain, and I wasn't very fond of the colors I had chosen. So I added a little bling with a rhinestone in the middle of the flower. H-m-m-m, still not right, so I added glitter. Now the rest of the card looked too plain, so I added a row of tiny flowers along the bottom. That poor little card! The more I tried to dress her up, the sillier she looked! Have you ever had a situation in your life in which, the more you try to make something happen, the worse the situation gets? Yup, me too! That's when I need to step back, take a deep breath, stop fussing and picking at it, and give it to God. Then I need to let it go, and enjoy the beautiful day I've been given! So when I look at this gaudy little gussied-up flower, it will remind me to keep things simple, don't work everything to death, and relax!

Enjoy your weekend, and God bless!


No comments: