Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hi, Everyone!
It's almost Christmas! Hope you are all coming along on your preparations without too much stress! We decided to give our grandchildren money this year (how tacky, huh?!), so I made these little money cards. They were quick and easy, and I think they're kinda cute!
And if you're looking for a new cookie recipe, here is my all-time favorite! My Mom used to bake these, and whenever we took our sons to Grandma's house, they devoured them! So, although they are *correctly* called Ginger and Spice Cookies, at our house they will always be called Grandma Cookies! They are dee-licious with a cold glass of milk or a hot cup of tea! Enjoy!
Ginger and Spice Cookies
1 ½ cups margarine 2 cups sugar 2 eggs, slightly beaten ½ cup molasses 5 cups flour 4 tsp. baking soda ½ teaspoon salt 2 tsp. cinnamon 2 tsp. ginger Additional sugar for rolling the cookies in. Cream margarine. Add sugar and continue creaming. Add eggs and molasses. Beat well. Sift flour with baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to margarine mixture. Mix well. Shape into balls about 1 ½ inches in diameter. Roll in sugar. Place 3 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake at 350°about 15 minutes. Do a test cookie – sometimes you need to add a little more flour.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Cute money holder. And I love ginger cookies. They are a personal fav of mine!

Amy said...

Ginger cookies are my favorite! Can't wait to try your recipe!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I cannot wait to try it. And you card is darling!

Kathy said...

We are finally doing our 'holiday' baking and I've been holding on to your recipe - I LOVE ginger cookies! Can't wait to see how they turn out today.