Monday, March 30, 2009

Forest Friends

Hi, Everyone!
Wow, we're into April this week! Yay! And that means - Easter! Easter is a tremendously significant religious holiday for me, but as a little girl, it meant - a new Easter outfit! Oh, yes, new dress, new shoes,a new spring coat, an "Easter bonnet" and even new little white gloves! Oh, my, it was exciting!
And of course, the Easter Bunny came and hid eggs all over the house and yard - it was positively fabulous! Except that I could never figure out why it was an Easter BUNNY who brought the eggs and Easter baskets and not an Easter CHICKEN. It completely baffled me!
This year I've been participating in several swaps with my Swappers Anonymous sisters, and lately I've been working on gifts for our Easter Bunny Swap. So I can't yet show you the things I've made, but I'm so excited about some of the items and will be posting them in two weeks, after our big "reveal"!
Meanwhile, here is a card I made with the darling set Forest Friends - isn't that little bunny just the cutest thing?! And the Designer Series Paper is the new "A Walk in the Park" from Stampin' Up's Occasions Mini Catalog. This paper is so fresh and new and utilizes a sophisticated color scheme of Baja Blue, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, and Going Gray. I've never used Going Gray before, so this was a challenge for me! But I love how these colors went together, and I've already gone through two entire packs of the paper!
Oh a personal note, Ken has been very sick again this past weekend with another upper respiratory infection. He has never really been well since January 7, with recurrent bouts of this all winter. He never complains, but I know he's getting discouraged. Here's hoping a fresh new month will bring a fresh new bill of health for him!
Hope you all have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Amy said...

That is the cutest thing EVER! Great job, Pammy!

Ellie said...

OHHH THAT SETTTT!!! I LOVEEE IT.. that is the set that makes me squeal! lol.. I LOVE that card its so beautiful.. Ha.. and I also use to love getting my new dress and my mom curling my hair and my white gloves and watching up to my a Easter Basket and those JUMBO Chocolate bunnies... Now I get to do it for my Kids and now I enjoy the meaning of Easter at Church. (((HUGS))

Kathy said...

What a great pairing of the paper and the bunny! Just a cute card!

Anonymous said...

I love this card and am getting such wonderful comments on it by my friends and customers. :)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I have one! I have one!! Love it, Pam. One of my cutomers bought the die to make it because of your card! WOOT WOOT!

xo B.

MaryR said...

oh my! Oh completely adorable! I am so happy to own one of these beauties!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Hey Pammybaby - that's such a cute card. I may have to case with a summer theme!!!