Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake - Yum!

Hi, Everyone!
Got another recipe for you! This is a recipe I received from my sweet sister Debby about 30 years ago, and it's my go-to recipe whenever I "need" (translate that as "want"!) a coffee cake. It's delicious!
I made this recipe page for a swap I'm in with some of my bestest friends and swappin' pals! I hope you enjoy the recipe - and the picture! I used the beautiful Bella Rose Designer Series Paper, my new eyelet border punch, and that little flower in the corner? Made with my awesome Big Shot and a Sizzix die - love, love, love my Big Shot!
Wishing you God's blessings this week, and thanks for stopping by!
Cake: 1 cup flour 1 ½ tsp. baking powder ½ tsp. salt ¼ cup butter ½ cup sugar 1 egg ½ cup milk 1 cup chopped apples Topping: ¼ cup flour ½ cup brown sugar 2 tsp. cinnamon 3 tablespoons melted margarine Mix dry cake ingredients and set aside. Beat shortening, sugar and egg until creamy. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to creamed mixture. Add chopped apples. Mix only until blended. Pour into greased 8” square pan. Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake at 350 degrees until done.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, that is such a cute page! Way to go, Pamela! I can't wait to get it! And of course, I will "need" coffee cake after that!

Kathy said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Can't wait to see it IRL - and can't wait to try the recipe.

MaryR said...

what a beautiful page - thanks for sharing the recipe with all of us (i shoulda shoulda shoulda signed up for the recipe swap!)